Exciting things are happening in the Calvary Band Program!
We offer a comprehensive program, from Beginning Band starting in 4th grade, through Junior High Band and on to our High School Eagles Concert Band.
Calvary band students are exposed to a variety of musical styles and performance opportunities. The annual Calvary Jazz Cafe features the Eagles Band with a professional guest jazz artist. Our students have performed on the Fiesta Stage at Knott’s Berry Farm, on the field at Angel Stadium for the Star Spangled Banner, and at concerts, pep rallies and events on the CCHS campus.
We want our students to be prepared with a love and appreciation for music, and we strive to give students the tools they need for participation in music beyond high school. Calvary students have gone on to perform in ensembles and to major in music in 4-year colleges.
Calvary Chapel Schools Band Director
Calvary Chapel Schools Band Program: 2021-22 Year in Review
- Over 50 students were involved in the Calvary Chapel Schools band program.
- We added Intermediate Band, for 5th through 8th graders who have completed Beginning Band.
- We added Junior High Band, as a second semester elective (for 7th and 8th graders), meeting daily during 7th period.
- HS/JH and Intermediate Band performed at Knott's, and played the national anthem at Angel Stadium.
- HS Band had guest clinicians from Vanguard University and Cal Baptist University, and performed alongside Concordia University students.
- HS student Joey Brancato was accepted as a student to perform in ensembles at the Biola University Conservatory of Music.
- HS Eagles Band played for an NHS fundraiser, performed at a CCHS pep rally, and hosted "band night" at a Calvary football game.
- Combined bands (4th-12th) performed at Open House for the first time.
- 5 of our Intermediate Band students were accepted to and performed with the Christian Schools Elementary Honor Band at Concordia University Irvine!
Calvary Chapel Schools is proud to work with Calvary Chapel Drama ministry to produce some of your favorite performances! During our most recent drama performance, students brought the story of the Wizard of Oz to the stage. The classic musical about Dorothy and Toto’s adventure over the rainbow along the yellow brick road brought laughs and cheers from audiences. Check out some of the highlights below: